October 16, 2018

16 October 2018 - Tuesday - Pingtung Aquarium

Made our way south today to Kenting

 

We stopped in Pingtung for some super delicious Waxed Apples!  The "black pearl" variety. We were in the shop at the same time as 3 buses full of tourists from China....we got the Taiwanese discount.

 

We'v talked for years about coming to this aquarium. In fact, once we even bought tickets but didn't make it.  It is a good aquarium. Definitely worth spending a day.

 


Lots of photo opportunities


This Cuttlefish wants to say Hi


I made a new friend.

 

Seafood ramen for lunch at a restaurant guarded by these fish head guys


Penguins & Puffins


And these guys which I don't think I've ever seen before

 

I splashed around with the whales on the way out

  

We checked into our hotel then hurried across the street before it got dark

 

Testing the portrait mode on the phone

 

Up to the main street for the Night Market food. First stop was Fried Milk on a stick.


Making friends at the Stinky Tofu stand

 

I wanted Oyster Omelet and Pearl Milk Tea. I think I made the right choice, it was a good Omelet.

 

Final round, roasted corn-on-the-cob with spicy sauce. Pretty good!

No comments: